On October 18, manufacturers joined educators and community leaders to expose students from 11 Indiana high schools to the numerous career opportunities available in the region’s modern, diverse manufacturing sector. This event is part of the three-day celebration planned around MFG Day, an initiative of The Manufacturing Institute to grow and support skilled workers to advance modern manufacturing.
On Wednesday, October 19, and Thursday, October 20, more than 20 regional manufacturers and support organizations converged at the Jeffersonville Arts and Cultural District to highlight career and training opportunities for 800 students from 11 Indiana high schools participating.
Education partners in the three-day event include:
- Clarksville Community School Corporation,
- Greater Clark County Schools,
- New Albany-Floyd County Consolidated School Corporation,
- Prosser Career Education Center,
- South Harrison Community School Corporation.
Manufacturers and resource providers participating throughout the week include:
- Amatrol, Inc.
- Cimtech, Inc.
- Collins Aerospace
- Discount Labels, Inc.
- Engineered Plastic Components
- Geo. Pfau’s Sons Company, Inc.
- Idemitsu Lubricants America Corp.
- First Indiana Robotics
- Koetter Construction, Inc.
- L & D Mail Masters, Inc.
- Ivy Tech Jeffersonville Campus
- Northwest Ordinance Distillery
- NYX, New Albany
- Purdue Polytechnic, New Albany, Purdue University
- S&J Precision Inc.
- Samtec, Inc.
- Silver Creek Leather, LLC
- Southern Indiana Works
- W.M. Kelley Company, Inc.